In recent years, new diagnostic and therapeutic tools have emerged in the management of patients with kidney diseases. This course is designed to provide the practicing Nephrologist with a complete understanding of the optimal management of chronic kidney diseases. The focus of this course will be to discuss the pathophysiologic and clinical advances in the major areas of Nephrology including glomerular disease, fluid and electrolyte disorders, hypertension, dialysis, and renal transplantation. Through discussions of well-recognized medical complications and recommendations for optimal care, along with case discussions and the use of the Audience Response System, you can expect to receive an exceptional update to your existing skills.
Multiple Educational Formats for Optimal Learning
Course material will be presented in a distraction-free environment, through multi-media formats that include:
- Case-based workshops
- Interactive sessions with the Audience Response System. This learning tool allows you to anonymously test your knowledge of Nephrology. Questions will be used to highlight important clinical issues of diagnosis and therapy.
- “Meet the Professor” sessions during scheduled lunchtimes. You will be able to interact with the faculty in smaller groups to discuss challenging cases or ask your pressing questions.
Meet The Directors
Martin Pollak, MD
Burton D. Rose, MD
Over 96% of past participants have rated this course as “superior” or “above average” compared to other post graduate courses they have attended, placing this course amongst the highest-rated courses at Harvard Medical School.
Why You Should Attend This Course?
Continuing education programs should ensure that you emerge with enhanced skills and the ability to improve patient care. Here’s why this course meets these requirements:
- Our clinical educators are national and international authorities
- Our comprehensive syllabus is packed with a wealth of knowledge, and is available both electronically and in print
- The use of the Audience Response System gives you vital awareness of areas of strength and weakness
- Presents an opportunity to understand clinically important advances in aspects of common diseases and practices for optimal management.
- Past participants have rated this course among Harvard’s best!