New diagnostic and therapeutic tools have emerged in the management of patients with kidney diseases. This course is designed to provide the practicing Nephrologist with a complete understanding of the optimal management of chronic kidney diseases.The focus of this course will be to discuss the pathophysiologic and clinical advances in the major areas of Nephrology including glomerular disease, fluid and electrolyte disorders, hypertension, dialysis, and renal transplantation. Well recognized medical complications and recommendations for optimal care will be discussed. Both case discussions and the Audience Response System will be used to promote your education.
We use multiple educational formats:
The material will be presented in several formats including lectures, case based workshops and interactive sessions that will include the use of the Audience Response System in which Nephrology and recertification board type questions will be used to highlight important clinical issues of diagnosis and therapy. Most days there will also be several “Meet the Professor”sessions at lunchtime, which will allow attendees to meet in smaller groups with members of the faculty. Your learning environment will be distraction free.
Meet The Directors
Burton D. Rose, MD
Martin Pollak, MD
Over 96% of past participants have rated this course as “superior” or “above average” compared to other post graduate courses they have attended, placing this course amongst the highest-rated courses at Harvard Medical School.
Why You Should Attend:
Deciding where and how to spend your continuing education dollars is a very important decision. Here are a few reasons why you should attend this course:
- Our clinical educators are national and international authorities.
- Our comprehensive syllabus is packed with a wealth of knowledge and will be available to you electronically and in print.
- By utilizing the Audience Response System you will be aware of areas of strength and weakness.
- You will leave with an understanding of the clinically important advances that have been made in common diseases and recommendations for optimal
- Past participants have rated this course among one of Harvard’s best!