Updates, advances and practical information you can use now to screen, diagnose and manage patients with kidney disease
With more than 50 interactive lectures, case-based workshops and “Meet the Professor” sessions, this CME course provides a comprehensive review in all areas of nephrology.
Many practicing nephrologists and physicians find it difficult to keep up with the rapid scientific and technological advances in renal care because medicine is changing at a faster pace than ever before. As busy clinicians, we need to stay current in order to optimize patient care and improve outcomes.
We invite you to advance your knowledge by joining world-renowned experts and Harvard Medical School’s leading clinical faculty for a comprehensive review of nephrology. The most important updates and advances in the diagnosis and treatment of kidney diseases will be taught, including practical information that you can use now to provide exceptional patient care.
This CME course will address pathophysiologic and clinical issues in the major areas of nephrology, including:
- Glomerular disease
- Acute renal failure
- Renal transplantation
- Immunosuppressive management
- Pregnancy and renal disease
- Acid-base and fluid and electrolyte disorders
- Potassium balance
- Renal imaging
- Bone mineral disorders
- Lupus nephritis
- Diuretic resistance
- Renal stones
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Genetic renal diseases
- Cardiorenal and hepatorenal syndrome (see full schedule)
Presenters will also discuss diagnostic testing, well-recognized medical complications, evidence-based treatment plans and provide specific management strategies and recommendations to optimize care. This is an excellent opportunity to learn the latest “best practices” and enhance your clinical skills. Both new and returning attendees will benefit from the comprehensive curriculum.
Engaging Sessions with Prominent Experts and Colleagues
All sessions are led by prominent teachers and clinicians who provide specific recommendations for incorporating the latest updates into your practices. Course material will be presented in a distraction-free environment through formats that include:
- Innovative lectures
- Valuable case-based sessions
- Interactive workshops with the Audience Response System
- Helpful small-group “Meet the Professor” sessions to discuss challenging cases and ask pressing questions
- Informal opportunities to share and exchange information and teachings with peers and fellow healthcare professionals
Why You Should Attend
Past attendees report an immediate impact on their practice and patient outcomes resulting from what they learned at this course. You will leave the program with:
- The latest nephrology knowledge, insight and teachings from leading authorities and clinical educators
- A greater understanding of how to apply the latest tools and tests in your practice
- Evidence-based treatment plans
- Specific management strategies and recommendations to optimize care
- Awareness of your strengths and areas for improvement*
- A network of like-minded professional colleagues
- An in-depth syllabus packed with valuable information to reference at home
Practitioners from around the world attend this comprehensive course to ensure they are current with the latest updates and advances in the diagnosis and treatment of kidney diseases. We hope you will join us in Boston this March!
*The Audience Response System is an interactive, electronic system that anonymously tests participant’s diagnostic and therapeutic knowledge.